Friday, June 1, 2012

Adventure Time With Amigop (My Life is a Movie)

I am a SuperGenius. There isn't a whole lot more to that statement. It simply is what it is. There is one problem though, even though I am a SuperGenius, I rarely take the time to think out my SuperGenius ideas before executing them. So even though my ideas are excellent, they almost ALWAYS have terrible outcomes.

Apparently I share this trait with Wile E Coyote because if you Google
search "super genius" you find a crap ton of pictures of him.



Lately I have been having some trouble keeping the inside of the Sexual clean. It's not that I'm a trashy person, it's just that lately I've had a great deal more people riding in my car and they are trashy people. So because I never have enough time to breathe, I decided that I probably wouldn't get a chance to clean out my car for a while. My solution: clean it out while I'm driving so I don't lose any time AND I'm giving birds more materials to make their nests. I'm such a nice guy. Pause reading for a minute and go nominate me for a Nobel Prize. (here's a link to their website.. you can figure it out from there)

I started cleaning the little section behind my gear shift and below my A/C controls. That took quite a while. Who knew I could've had so much junk in there. And then to top it all off, there were crumbs of some sort all over the rubber insert thingy. But that's ok. I'm a SuperGenius. I simply took out the insert, rolled down my window, and shook it out while driving down the road. Problem solved. Now to move on to the cup holder.

My cup holder was in much worse shape than my first cleaning section (I honestly don't have a clue what that area is called) so after tearing up about 73 bank receipts and watching them blow out the window like confetti, it was time to repeat the process with the rubber insert thingy of the cup holder. Only this one was nastier. Much, much nastier. Because it was much nastier, I figured this would require me to hold it out the window longer. This logic makes sense, there was only one problem. Instead of holding it out the window like I had planned, I threw the cup holder insert thingy out the window without realizing what I was doing.

Crap.

:( it's missing.

I looked to see if I could pull over safely. I could not because a semi was tailing me. And even if I could I'm not sure I would've. I had many errands to run and was on a deadline. I would have to go back and look for it later.

It was at this time that I got another SuperGenius idea. If I had someone come with me to look for it, then I would at least have company.... I called Amigop. She didn't seem to understand the urgency of the situation. She also couldn't grasp why I threw part of my car out the window. I think she was implying I'm a terrible car owner.

After I ran my errands, Amigop and I drove out to the general area where I thought I had lost my cup holder insert and started walking. And we walked for quite a while. Then something happened that made me feel like we were in a movie. It started raining. And not just like sprinkle raining either, I mean it was pouring. After about two seconds we were drenched. Amigop thought that meant the hunt was over but I was persistent.

We kept walking and about two minutes later Amigop screamed. Snake? Bear? Ninja? Nope. She found my cup holder!!! I was elated!! As I was running to where she stood all of a sudden the rain stopped and the sun came out like there was never any rain to begin with. Seriously, this would have been THE perfect moment for a hidden film crew to be following us because it was better than that scene in the Notebook when it's raining and they kiss because Trixie threw up dark chocolate. (I tried really hard to find this video clip for you but it is literally NOWHERE on the internet to be found. I did however find a short article that plays out the scene)

YAY!!!! happy picture! (ignore my toes)

Our victory walk back to the car.. the ground looks surprisingly
dry. Oh! and notice the dirt still attached. 
As we got back in the car, I noticed that the cup holder insert thingy was still really dirty. So my solution: I held it out the window as I was driving in hopes of cleaning it off. This time I held on tight and guess what! It worked. Told you I'm a SuperGenius.

YAY!!! Home at last. Reunited and it feels so good!

Also, for some reason Amigop wouldn't give me gas money for driving her to help me find my insert thingy. What a free loader.

This is my favorite picture of me and Amigop.

3 comments:

  1. free loader my ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I would read your blog way more often if you didn't call your car "Sexual"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote you a response! However it was too long to comment, so you got your own post!! http://lifealmostfactual.blogspot.com/2012/06/we-have-to-say-sexual.html

    ReplyDelete