Saturday, June 2, 2012

We Have to Say... Sexual

A comment was just left on my blog that looked like this: 



Well, in response, I have to say, I would take your comment way more seriously if you didn't hide behind anonymity. 

This is how I look at it, you're probably a really nice person, in fact, I probably like you a great deal. (just a guess) But your complaint is quite simply irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy to call the Sexual by something other than her name....but I can't. You see, Sexual is her name. And to change her name now would be nothing but confusing to her. 

In response to this, you may say Mr. Anonymous Commenter, that I give everyone else in my blog nicknames, why not give Sexual a nickname? The answer to this question is very quite simple. When I give nicknames to people, that is to protect their identity. But, the person I am talking about already knows who they are. And as much as I love Sexual, she just would become so confused if I started calling her something other than her name. I'm sure you understand. 

I have one more problem with me calling Sexual something other than her name. If I were to call her something different, such as "Un-Sexual" than that would simply be lying because I mean look at her - she's the prettiest dang car I've seen in a while! And I'm just not a liar. I don't roll like that homie. 

But thank you for your concern Mr. Anonymity. I assure you that your comment was taken with a grain of salt. 

A Note From Indi: As the author of this blog [Life (Almost) Factual], I would like to take this opportunity to say that this post was written in good humor. I will admit that I do not share the concern of the commenter, but do respect his or her opinion. I am in no way lessening the right that he or she holds to have and voice an opinion, I am simply saying in a comical way that his or her opinion is wrong. If I were worried one bit about losing a reader - or if I did not read this comment through the eyes of comedy - I would not be writing this post. So please read only what is on the screen and nothing more into it. Much Love! -Indi

5 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Which definition, exactly, does your car fit under...(scary!!!)...and what does it say about you (cough cough, lol)
    Dictionary.com:
    sex·u·al (adjective)
    1.of, pertaining to, or for sex: sexual matters; sexual aids.
    2. occurring between or involving the sexes: sexual relations.
    3. having sexual organs or reproducing by processes involving both sexes.
    Personally, I think your real reason for giving her the name "Sexual" is to get under people's skins.(like Mr. Anonymous)..otherwise you would have given her a hot (but respectable name) that duly noted her beauty while not making her feel like she did business on the street corner. (All in fun, o course, cept maybe a grain o serious).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To answer your question, ALL OF THEM!!!!!! MWAHAHAHA! And I am no antagonist. (ok that was a lie, but legit, getting people upset was the least of my worries) And I don't mean to hurt her feelings, but Sexual does do her business on a street corner......... (she's a vehicle that the street corners were made for)

      I'm not sure what point you're trying to get across. Are you saying my baby is not respectable? Next thing you will be saying that... something else preposterous is true! Harumph!

      ;) - Indi

      Delete
    2. Also I would just like to point out that after this post, my page views will probably skyrocket because of the number of times "sex" or some derivative of the word is used. Search engines will pick your comment up like crazy! :) thanks! haha

      Delete
    3. Who says that isn't what I was going for in the first place. There's nothing like a little controversy to gain great publicity. I didn't write the original comment, only the latest. Why did I choose anonymity since your blog clearly says you dislike it? 1. Because I can. 2. My parental unit reads your blog 3. I don't want "sex" and my name to pop up on a search (again, lol)

      Delete
  2. Oh I am def calling my car sexual now also!! It's an escape and it has more of a rugged sexualness-ish to it! I'll just tell the kids to go get in the damn rugged sex already! Or the rugged sexy beast. I just like saying rugged now!

    ReplyDelete