Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Make a Joyful Noise (as long as your voice doesn't sound like a monkey drowning in a barrel of acid)

As I was in the shower today something very odd happened. And even though I am just now admitting it publicly, this is not at all the first time this has happened. It actually happens quite often.

This morning started out normal. I woke up, laid in bed for a couple hours as I still don't have a job and then decided it was time to get up and take a shower. I went to the bathroom and did my usual summer routine of turning on the water to let it heat up before plugging my phone into some speakers so I could jam while refreshing/cleaning myself. Today I chose a playlist comprised of Britney Spears, Rihanna, and Lady GaGa.
Weird thing is Britney's head is really on Britney's body....was the cut
and paste really necessary there? 

This particular playlist I picked is equipped with some of the awesomest dance beats ever created. There is only one problem: I can't dance. At all. I know what you're thinking right now, and you're wrong. I'm not just being modest. I really and truly can't dance worth anything. It's almost as if I somehow got the dancing skills of a rhinoceros. (I Google'd it and rhinoceros's can't dance. It's a proven fact)

Ok, I lied. Dancing Rhino's are EVERYWHERE on Google.
But look! They obviously dance like white kids...

As I started my crazy mad dance skills to Born This Way - Lady GaGa, I started thinking about how lucky the rest of the world was as my showers are a very private matter (except of course what I post about them on here...) and nobody has ever seen my dancing before/during them except God.

Song #1

The last two words of that thought are what caught me.. God could see me dancing. HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!! Seriously I looked like an idiot and thought that nobody could see me until I realized that God pretty much had a front row seat to watching me wiggle around crazily to Lady GaGa. I am not sure that God really cares about it, in fact he probably finds the sight quite amusing. But I still get embarrassed at the thought that ANYBODY would see me making such a fool out of myself.

So I stop dancing. Then Love The Way You Lie (Pt. 2) - Rihanna comes on. If you have ever heard this song then you know it's not really a flailing-across-the-shower-dancing-like-an-idiot kind of song. (if you haven't heard it then open a tab and watch it on YouTube. Right now) However, with it being a bit of a ballad, the song encourages me to sing it as passionately and soulfully as I can. Almost as if I, myself were the one being abused. Along with passion and soul for some reason comes volume with me.

Song #2

Now I will fill you in on another secret. My singing ability is about three steps worse than my dancing ability. As I was belting out verse two I realized that I had now been soulfully singing at the top of my lungs for almost a whole song. I mentally went through a checklist of my family to make sure where everybody was so that I could be positive that nobody heard me singing. Nobody was home thank God.... Crap. God. Again. I shut up promptly.

I know that there is a scripture somewhere about making a joyful noise and that technically as long as it's joyful then it doesn't matter how your voice sounds to God. Well, that's all fine and dandy but whoever wrote that verse obviously had not heard me sing or else he totally would have written something different. Probably something closer to "Make a joyful noise as long as your voice doesn't sound like a monkey drowning in a barrel of acid." At least that's how I would've written it after hearing my voice.

This seems like a pretty good place to end the post. Or at least it would seem that way if there wasn't more... As I was drying off after the embarrassing shower, Criminal - Britney Spears came on. As many of you know, Britney is my biggest vice. She is the one that made pop music as far as I am concerned. So as I am getting out of the shower, I am not only belting out Criminal at the top of my lungs and dancing, but I am towel dancing to it. It's amazing how quickly I will forget the embarrassment factor when Britney comes on the radio.

Song #infinity (also notice the drop in wifi signal
because the overload of awesomeness)

I must inform you that even when I realized what I was doing, I continued doing it anyway with the Britney song. I mean I'm pretty sure that God does the exact same thing when Britney comes on His radio too. So no embarrassment there.

4 comments:

  1. Oh have you heard I Love the Way You Lie part 3?? It's by the girl who originally wrote the song! It's so good!! :)
    And that's okay. God loves us no matter how bad a singer and dancer we are. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...lol it sounds an awful lot like part 2... Minus the bridge by Eminem.

      Delete
  2. This started happening to me too about a month ago! I didn't dance for a while...it was uber sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you ALWAYS dance!!! That is very quite sad! Although I am glad that I am not alone in this thought process!

      Delete