Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Nipples Are Seasick...

If the title of this post kinda freaked you out, and you just threw up a little in your mouth at the thought of a post about my nipples, then congrats. I am impressed by your ability to think all of that and still be reading the post anyway. What a trooper! If you saw the title to the post and thought nothing of it, you've known me too long.

So on my most recent cruise, I met a very funny girl named Root1 and her younger sister Root2. These Roots were very interesting to hang around because they were constantly hyper beyond belief. During one of their fits of over-hyperness, (yes I realize that is not a word and no I don't care) Root1 had an excellent thought.

Root1: Hey Indi, what would you look like if you only had one nipple?
Me: Ummm.... I'm not sure I totally understand the question...?
Root1: You know, if you only had one nipple, what would you look like?
Me: Well to be quite honest I wouldn't know, I was born with two nipples so that's how I know myself.
Root1: Oh.... Do you think we could find out what you would look like with one nipple? I bet it would look hilarious.
Me: You are NOT cutting off one of my nipples - isn't trying to brand me enough for one day? (we will share that story later)
Root1:  Oh come on Indi! It will be fun! 
 Me: Absolutely not. If you can find a way to keep me from having to cut one off then we will see what I look like but only then.
Do you ever sometimes say something just to appease somebody not expecting it to actually happen? (that was a great many compound words starting with the word "some")
Root1: OK! You can wear my seasick patch over one!
Me: HECK NO! That thing has been behind your ear for almost a whole week!
Root1: But Indi! You promised!!
Me: Fine. But only for like two seconds for you to see what I would look like with only one nipple.
I'll go ahead and tell you that I wasn't allowed to take off the seasick patch until ALL of our friends had seen what I would look like with one nipple... sigh. Curse you Roots and your abilities to confuse me into doing things!
Look! It's the Roots! And some kid with glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment