Thursday, May 3, 2012

AHHHH!!!!! EXCITEMENT!

So I have a really amazing post that I plan on writing very soon about a toothbrush love affair. In fact I had planned on writing it yesterday until something crazy happened. And that is what I am about to tell you all about. But just know, the toothbrush will come soon!

Yesterday I had the privilege of tutoring a very nice guy in the subject of math. He is a fourth grader and is having a little trouble memorizing the divisibility rules. As we were going over the divisibility rule for 9's, (add the digits in the number and if the sum is divisible by 9 then the original number will be divisible by 9) I heard a flutter and something went right over my head. I looked up, and nothing was there. (now I realize that this makes sense because I felt it zoom over my head so of course it would be gone by the time I looked up)



Not noticing anything out of the ordinary, we went back to studying. I think my pupil was a bit confused by my paranoia as I kept looking up at the ceiling with nothing there. A few moments later however, the strange swooshing happened again. This time instead of looking up, I looked in the exit direction of the wind/sound. I was a amazed. There was a bird in the library!! The bird promptly flew into a window. The weird thing is that the bird was very stupid. Not only did he fly into the window once, he did it again. (by the way, I have no idea how to tell the gender of birds so I am simply projecting my own gender upon the bird) And the male bird kept flying into the window. I guess the library uses Windex..... Or it is possible that the bird just read a book on Quantum Tunneling. (It's funny because he is a bird and cannot read. But he is in a library where there are a great many books) (library jokes. I crack me up)


At first I was the only person to notice this sad soul trapped in a box full of paper, but after a few minutes a man from two tables over saw it. He turned and looked at me, then looked back at the bird, back at me, and back at the bird. The next time the man looked at me he said, "I guess I'm going to have to be the somebody who takes care of that..." what a valiant man. He promptly took his computer bag, walked over to the bird, caught it, and took him out side to set him free.




OH! I almost forgot! I got a picture too. So we're all good =]

Pretty Feathers..... what a nice man to let me take a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment