Saturday, May 12, 2012

Normal People Must Stand.

So as I was walking out to my car yesterday I noticed three things very unusual.
  1. There is a cute little courtyard just off of Court Square that is complete with a gazebo. (courtyard off the Court Square. LOL I crack me up)
  2. In this courtyard, there are multiple sets of benches. Each a set of two sitting right beside each other.
  3. In each set, one bench is really short and the other is freakishly tall. 
Does anybody else see a problem with this?

I am not sure why I chose yesterday to notice all three of these things, but understandably I was immediately thrown into a fit of confusion. When did we get a courtyard? Why are there so many couples of benches? Why are half the benches midgets and half of them giants? And why in the world is gazebo pronounced "gah-zee-bo" instead of "gayz-bo"?? This situation was not ok. Ever since this courtyard popped up on me, I feel like my computer is about to tell me to follow the white rabbit.. 

Seriously I'm not positive that the mayor didn't have this courtyard constructed overnight with the purpose of confusing me. It has to be a conspiracy of some sort to make all the normally heighted people stand. I mean how awkward is it to show up at a park and realize that there is a seat there for everybody but you? And not only that, but all the giants and midgets of the world are teaming up to take over and before long they are going to make all normal people serve them, and be their footstools, and feed them grapes from a cluster. And they will probably give Gingers their souls back...

I will be honest I have zero idea where I am going with this. But I do know one thing. It most definitely is not fair that these benches are incongruous in height and freakishly weird that they only come in pairs... Which reminds me, have you ever noticed that tall skinny men almost always marry short round feminines? Proof:


I think my point is sufficiently proven....
Just in case you needed more proof.....

So maybe, just maybe, the benches were designed for those odd couples that we all know.... Worth a thought...


*UPDATE: Has anybody else noticed that Michael Jackson's kid is named Blanket? Well the "blanket" in the labels for this post is referring to an actual blanket. Not a kid... except now I guess the kid would make more sense since it's actually in the post...

*UPDATE2: I made both these updates before posting this so I guess they aren't really updates...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe the small benches are for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That courtyard has been there FOREVER....however if you want something really freaky wait till they put the caroler mannequins up in December (with lights)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NEVER seen it there until then!! I will definitely have to watch out for that when December rolls around! Remind me!

      Delete