Friday, May 4, 2012

Toothbrush Diaries

I will be honest with you, when I first thought of this idea for a post, I thought it was the best idea ever...but now, I'm not so sure. I mean if a freakin bird is flying through a library, then a post about how much I love my toothbrushes just doesn't seem to compare. But, I promised you a post about toothbrushes, so here it is.
Say "hello" to my beautiful, orange toothbrush!
Sometimes I find myself having very strong feelings for inanimate objects. Ok, very strong feelings is a bit of an understatement. I almost would go as far as saying I fall in love with them on occasion... I can't help it though! I don't know why it is, it just happens. Part of me thinks it may have something to do with the fact that I don't have a pet. (Mother if you are reading this, that is code for you should totally buy a dog for whenever I am home...or a wallaby)



Is that not the most adorable animal you have ever seen in your life?!


Either way, I honestly find myself buying Moon Pies at lunch because I feel sorry for them that they are the one snack in the vending machine that nobody likes. I have a two ceramic unicorns sitting on my desk that I don't want to get rid of because I am afraid they will get their feelings hurt. I mean, they were already chosen as a prank gift so their self esteem must be pretty bad as it is..I don't want to be the person to cause it to go even lower!
Look! It's Italy!

So it is safe to say that I might have a slight problem. But it is a decent problem to have right? I mean I would rather have this problem than be addicted to killing people or something....But it is a problem nonetheless. One that has started to cause me some serious problems with my dental hygiene. (or so people tell me...)

As with many other things in my house hold, if I use it regularly I start to form a bond with it. My toothbrush is no exception here. I use it all the time. (No, I am not saying that the way to become friends with me is to let me use you...although it can't hurt) At least once a day and therefore I feel like we have some kind of inner-being connection. After all, how many other things in my house do I put in my mouth?? (that was a rhetorical question. If anybody decides they wish to try and come up with an answer...don't) So naturally, with something that I am so close to, I am greatly pained anytime that a toothbrush wears out. So much so, that I use the same toothbrush until its bristles are falling out. My current toothbrush I have used for 4 years now.
I have a large amount of cologne bottles...

Luckily for me, this toothbrush was very well put together because it still looks rather decent. The bristles are starting to be distorted from their original direction/shape, but over all, it doesn't look bad! My last toothbrush was atrocious..but it didn't have a tongue cleaner either so I am not sure how we can expect much out of it.
YAY tongue cleaner!!

So there is my confession. My name is Indi, and I get irrationally attached to inanimate objects. Maybe this therapy will help me break this habit....


No comments:

Post a Comment