Monday, April 16, 2012

April Fool's!

So April Fool's Day was a couple weeks ago, so because I just kinda feel like it, I will tell you the pretty much best joke ever that I played on Mother. It all started as I was chilling with some friends and one of them played a terrible "joke" on me.

Friend: Hey, you uh, you got something on your uh, shirt. *points to my shirt*
Me: *looks down*
Friend: April Fool's!!!!

Friend was extremely pleased with his high level of trickery so I let him revel in his glory for a moment or two. While allowing him some excitement, I started to put some thoughts together for the first time. Friend said "April Fool's" and played a "joke" on me...  I felt like this should mean something but it took me a moment or two to figure it out. I looked at my cellular to see what day it was - April 1st. That's it!! It was April Fool's Day! I couldn't believe that I had forgotten such an epic holiday! I was ashamed of myself. In order to make it up to whoever invented April Fool's Day, I had to come up with the best prank/joke ever!



It didn't take long and I had it. I would send Mother a picture. But not just any picture... this picture:



I could tell you the conversation that ensued, but since I have a screen shot, I will just show you that instead...


Unfortunately for all my readers, the rest of the conversation had to take place via phone call, but I will do my best to portray it as closely to how it happened as possible. 

Mother: Why didn't you answer my question and which KD??
Me:  I did. Remember, I said "that's the surprise!" and KD A*******r
Mother: And what does that mean?
Me: what do you think It means?
Mother: Oh no Indi! Are you the father?
Me: It means April Fool's! Gosh why are you always just automatically assuming the worst??
Mother: I hate you.

Contrary to the last thing she said, Mother soon found the humor in what I said and had a hard time concealing her laughter. In fact, many times since she has seen KD and I together and asked when we are due. Mother has jokes.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you tried to trick me with that too. I only believed it for .0000000000000000012 of a second and then I realized it was a trick!

    ReplyDelete