Monday, April 9, 2012

My Problem With Trick Mirrors on Cars

I feel like I should not need to write this post. But at the same time nowhere near enough people even know what I am talking about when I say I have a problem with trick mirrors on cars. Well here I am to fill you in. This is what I am referring to. Read the print on the bottom of the mirror. 


That's right. Car manufacturers not only put trick mirrors on cars but they KNOW they put trick mirrors on cars. I do not understand why this is acceptable. That is like putting a fake door on a hospital and a sign saying, "If you have an emergency use this door!" (think about that one for a while. It makes sense I promise)



Cars if put in the wrong hands can be dangerous things. When somebody with bad depth perception tries using a mirror that makes things look farther away than they truly are, what is the possible result? I feel like that is the same thing as handing a flame thrower to a four-year-old. Why is this ok? Do we not care about the safety of ourselves and others?

For this reason, I vote No trick mirror! I will not sleep until you have been eradicated!

**UPDATE: I promise I will not rant very often. This is not a usual thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment