Monday, April 16, 2012

I Am About To Make Many People Angry With Me...

Before I even start writing anything else, I have to say: I lost The Game. Now that it's out of the way, I expect all of you to be honest and comment saying that you lost the game as well because I don't like cheaters.

Since my reprimanding is done, I will let you know now that this entire post is about The Game. If you have a problem with this, then you should probably leave this post and read a post about my clumsiness or one about my ongoing war with birds. But if you are willing to read a whole post about The Game and don't mind me having totally mixed feelings about it, then please do continue reading.



For those of you who do not have a clue what game I am talking about, I dedicate this paragraph explaining The Game to you. There are three main rules to The Game.


  1. Once you know about The Game, you are automatically entered into it. You cannot not play. It does not require consent to play and you can never stop playing. 
  2. Whenever you think about the game, you lose.
  3. Losses must be announced to at least one person by stating "I lost The Game"

Now there are two ways to get out of The Game. The first being death. If you die, you pretty much win The Game. The second way is a great deal less likely. If the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom announces on live television that "The Game is up" then the game will officially end. Now if you lose The Game, which you will, there is a five minute reset period in which you are able to try as hard as you can to start thinking of something else in order to not lose The Game for a while. If after five minutes you are still thinking of The Game, then you lose again.



I will admit that The Game can be kind of fun, but it also can be very annoying. For instance, sitting down to lunch the other day, I found this: 


Why is that ever ok to set someone up to fail in such a way? How does anybody expect me to see that and not think of The Game? I cannot decide if that is really sneaky strategizing or if it is cheating. This is the reason that I have a love/hate relationship with The Game. And most the time when I am loving it, I don't even realize that I am loving it because I have forgotten that I am playing it. Once I remember that I am playing it, I have lost again. When I lose I get angry and hate The Game. Do you see how this could become confusing? It has developed to the point that it is tearing me apart on the inside. I cannot decide if I am truly a fan of The Game or if I simply jump on the bandwagon when I am winning. It has seriously added to my psychological devastation. 

What are your thoughts? Am I just crazy? Do you have a weird relationship with The Game as well?

1 comment:

  1. I hate when people send pics like "someone somewhere totally just lost the game with an unrelated photo. I also hate the song "All In" by lifehouse. In the lyrics it says "…even if I lose the game." I lose the game every time.
    By the way I just lost the game.

    ReplyDelete