Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Post... BLAH!!!


Hello Everyone! (who at this point probably consists of only friends who I sent a text to saying "Hey I started a blog go check it out")
As I was sitting down the other day reading my favorite blog I was thinking about how awesome it would be if I could write a blog.. and then I realized, "Wait a second, What the heck?! I CAN WRITE A BLOG!!!"



So I started thinking about it. And it wasn't my usual I'll think about this for a couple of seconds and then totally forget about it. I actually ended up not being able to think about anything else. At all. In fact, I was on a cruise to Mexico last week and still thinking about it constantly. While on this cruise I had a crazy conversation with someone that made my mind up. I would start to write a blog that was not only about many strange things that have happened to me, but also would have satire, hyperbole, and irony thrown in to make it more enjoyable and intelligent. (just FYI my computer totally just auto corrected my misspelling of "intelligent" so maybe that part will not end up being true...)

Just to give you a little more back story of how I decided to start writing a blog, (before I tell you more about me myself) I would like to share with you the conversation that made my decision final. The following conversation is 100% how it happened without any exaggeration whatsoever. (THAT may be a rarity from me)

It all started as I was walking along inside the main food court of the Carnival Elation, when I bumped into a group of people I had met the day before. They introduced me to a girl I had not met before. Her name was Keiki. This is the first conversation I had with Keiki:

Keiki: Are you a blogger?
Me: No, Why?
Keiki: You should be. You look like you would be an amazing blogger.

And that was my very first conversation with the girl who convinced me to start blogging. Little did she know she also gave me the BIGGEST compliment I had heard all day long.

So now that you know about my decision to write a blog, I will fill you in on more about me. My name is Matt, but you should feel more than welcome to call me almost anything that you wish. (by almost anything I mean that I probably will not acknowledge you if you call me something ridiculous like "Fabio" or "puppy" or "Andrew") The popular names lately for me have been Indigo or Indi. I was born almost two decades ago (crazy right?) and consider myself to be one of the coolest guys that you will ever have the privilege of meeting. (that is where sarcasm/exaggeration starts to come in) My mother is English, my father is retired US military, my sister is a soon to be nurse, and my brother-in-law is...I actually don't know how to describe him at this time, but don't worry, I will go into greater details about all of them in later posts. I am a media addict and that will probably show in posts to come (but who knows right? I mean I can't see into the future!)

And this was my first post, I realize it wasn't funny, or even worth reading for that matter, but I promise - no I can do better than that - I PINKY PROMISE that I will write a much better post that will be more like what I intend this blog to look like very soon. I'm just working on finishing it and then it will be up. So please be patient as I am new to this. ;)


**UPDATE: Here is a picture of me and Sister:  

2 comments:

  1. yeah--you're writing!! keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I am not 100% satisfied with the first post but hopefully it will get better as I write more.

      Delete