Sunday, April 29, 2012

Poop On Some Leaves (Part2)

And now, the continuation of Poop On Some Leaves. (if you have not yet read Poop On Some Leaves (Part1) then click the link!) 


This lady [Florist2] was much easier at understanding what KD wanted. She even had zebra print ribbon. It was like a divine intervention. We were set. After I paid seventy dollars, our order was placed. Now I put this out of my mind until the day of prom. (Another post I will have to write later about this prom deals with my tux. It caused us some great difficulty)


When prom day arrived, I went to pick up the beautiful flowers that I couldn't wait to give KD. Unfortunately this is where the title of these posts comes in. The most accurate description I can think of is "Poop on some leaves." In Mother's words, "Those are hideous! Go get your money back. Now. And take Numbers with you so you don't get nervous and be polite." (Numbers is Mother's employee and my cousin's step mom. She's a good friend so I trusted her opinion with flowers)

This is quite literally what they looked like. (sorry for the graphicness I won't
normally post pictures of crap)

Before we took the flowers back to Florist2, Numbers said that we should take them to Florist3 and see if they truly looked like poop on leaves or if we were just being too judgmental. The very nice lady confirmed that she would never let anything of that quality leave her store and said we should definitely try to get our money back.
I couldn't find a picture anywhere close to the level of ugly those flowers
were, so instead I saw something really cool to post. (although notice, the tan
doesn't match the cuts in the shirt)
So we went back to Florist2. (all these florists are confusing aren't they??) Florist2 couldn't understand why we didn't like that a four year old could have done a better job as a craft than they did. (seriously, what they did was take fake flowers, spray paint them blue, put a lot of sparkly crap on them, and glued them to some green) Eventually (with a great deal of help from Numbers) I let them know there was no hope for them to make this right and I needed my money back.

The only problem: Florist2 fails to give refunds. Instead they decided to give me a gift certificate. (because if I didn't like the first crappy job I paid for, I should desire to buy something else from them)
Does this look like cash back??

After finally settling everything with Florist2, we headed back to Florist3 who was already working on one for me "in hopes that everything worked out" we settled all the details and she went to work. I must say, that when I went and picked up the cheaper flowers from Florist3 I was extremely pleased. That is what flowers were supposed to look like. Beautiful. And not resembling excrement in the least.
I know what you are thinking and I agree, absolutely sexual! Gorgeous! Stunning!
Beautiful! Amazing! (oh yea, and KD and the flowers look alright too...)
Look! It's Numbers and her son on her wedding day! (I stole it off the Facebook)
Oh!! And she has flowers! I told you it was ok to trust her with flowers!

1 comment:

  1. NEXT time...Indi - you must allow me to fashion the creation (as I did in the above picture...) Control freaks don't leave it to chance that event flowers end up looking like 'poop on some leaves'
    Much love - Numbers

    ReplyDelete