Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Surprise Ending to The Uninvited

I do not think this post will contain any spoilers whatsoever, but then, you never know..... So if you haven't seen The Uninvited I definitely recommend you do so because....well it's just a freakin awesome movie!

The reason I thought to write this post actually is because I was able to witness my friend watching The Uninvited for the very first time recently and enjoy her shock and awe at the final three scenes. And they of course did not disappoint. (it is really hard to write this post and not spoil the ending for everybody that hasn't yet seen it...I am only on paragraph two...)



My story actually starts long before I ever owned The Uninvited on DVD, it's a tragedy I know. But we will get to the movie in a moment. First it is imperative for you to know that when I am on strong medications, I do not function well. At all. I do not know how many times a cold pill or Benadryl has totally screwed me up for a day, so strong meds take me even further on a medication trip.


About four years ago when The Uninvited came out on DVD, I came down with a terrible ailment. Like the throwing up, unable to sleep, accidentally poop your pants kind of ailment. It was anything but pleasant. After it was decided that I indeed could not make it without seeing a doctor, Mother drove me to the hospital and we waited to see a doctor. Eventually we saw the doctor and he barely glanced at me before prescribing me some heavy medications including a narcotic and a steroid. Not a great idea. Heck, not even a decent idea. But fortunate for the enjoyment of everyone I came into contact with, we didn't know this yet.

Mother and I were on our way home, and because of my sickness combined with the fact that the local video rental place was preparing to close, she felt sorry for me and we stopped to rent a DVD. Guess what I picked. If you guessed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, you are correct. If you guessed The Uninvited you are also correct. If you guessed neither of these, then I have nothing left to say to you.


&



When I got home, I took my new meds, and went directly upstairs to start my first movie. I picked The Uninvited first because Sister was at work and I didn't think she would like it so I planned to wait and watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with her when she got home.

As I was starting the movie, a friend texted me. I was elated to see a text message from Moss as I did not want to be lonely and I knew that she would never watch this movie so I could spoil it without making her mad. I texted her through at least the first half of the movie and then I do not remember anything. so the rest of this post is mostly written by asking both Moss and Mother many questions in order to piece together a close approximation of what actually happened.

This is Moss and I. Much time has passed since I texted her
during The Uninvited. In fact, I have actually convinced
her to watch it with me since this took place.
I continued texting Moss the play by play of my new favorite movie. When it got to the surprise ending, I went ballistic. I wish I could give you a conversation to let you know exactly how ballistic I went, but I cannot for two reasons. First, I promised I would try not to spoil the ending of the movie, second I do not remember what was said so I would be lying. Lying is bad. What I can tell you is that I enjoyed the surprise ending, but my highly medicated mind could not take all the twists and turns. It made me go more or less crazy.

After sufficiently chewing Moss out for the surprise ending that had to have been her fault (especially since she didn't warn me about the ending to the movie she had never seen) I went downstairs to talk to Mother. My medication was obviously in full effect because I immediately started yelling at her telling her that I wanted to go see Julia. Just letting you know, I can not stand this girl named Julia. Why did I feel that it was so imperative that I saw Julia? So that I could tell her how much I miss her. I am as confused as the next guy with this. Why in the world did I want to tell a girl I couldn't stand that I missed her? I dreaded seeing her on a weekly basis so why would I tell her something that implied I wanted to see her more often?

Either way Mother intelligently did not let me go see Julia. This didn't stop me from having communication with the outside world though. I had a cell phone. I took my cell phone and used it to execute a brilliant idea. I would call all the people in my phone and blubber like a baby to them. If they were not sympathetic, I would promptly proceed to tell them not very nice things that I am not willing to type in my blog. Once is enough for these words to come out of my mouth. (or hands rather)

I would like to take an opportunity to apologize publicly to all the people that I ended up calling that night. If you are still my friend enough to be reading this, then please do know that I was very highly medicated and honestly have no recollection of this event other than people telling me that it happened.

After a night of wearing off the medicines, Mother decided it would not be ok for me to partake of this medicine combination any more. I ended up re-watching The Uninvited. I texted Moss the whole time again and was extremely (and pleasantly) surprised with the ending. This was rather entertaining to Moss as she got to hear about my excitement twice. The second time without any substance induced profanity.


*Side note* as I am writing this post, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth and swallowed it. Disgusting.

3 comments:

  1. Even better was your surprise that I knew the ending to the movie before you told me… and before I saw it. CREEPY! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't remember the first time you told me the ending... the second time you started to tell me how it ended and I beat you to the twist and you were shocked

    ReplyDelete