Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Lazy Problem (part1)

I have a problem. Now before you start thinking, "I thought you weren't going to talk about your clumsiness again until you absolutely had to!" I would like to let you know that clumsiness is not the problem to which I am referring. In fact, if you read the title of this post, it tells you my problem is laziness. Now that you know my problem, I am considering wrapping this post up and saving some cyber trees. (yes there are such things, and if there are not, then I would like to ask everybody to go write a Wikki entry about cyber trees right now)

Since I am actually not a cyber-eco activist and I would like a chance to introduce everybody to Savior, I will go ahead and finish this post. Before I begin, here is my formal admittance that I have been lazy almost my entire life. However, my laziness reached its all time high when I moved out of the house for the summer between my junior and senior year. Most people say that when one finally gets out on their own, their maturity takes over and they somehow become instantly responsible. Unless I am just a strange case, I beg to differ.



That summer I ended up spending three weeks at one college campus and five at another earning college credits. Even before I left I knew the first program would be easy to survive. I found a way to shove my suitcases to the point of almost bursting and fit enough clothes that I would not have to do laundry the entire three weeks. My problem did not arrive until the second set of weeks. Because I only had one night in between the two "communities", there was nowhere near enough time to clean three weeks worth of clothing. With no time to wash the clothes I had two options: buy a crap ton of new clothes, or pack dirty clothes and do laundry when I got to campus. I would have picked the first option without a second thought if I had the money, but I did not, so I was to pack dirty clothes.

This is what my packing looked like.
When I arrived on campus I started looking for any opportunity I could find to get out of doing my laundry. Dry cleaning was too expensive and I was not about to waste seventeen years of not stepping into a laundry room. Within the first week I thought of the perfect plan. I would pay another student to do my laundry for me! I just had to find the perfect person to do it. Who was desperate enough to do my laundry for an "easy" dollar? (I actually have no idea if it truly is an easy job or not. I have never attempted) Within a day I found the perfect person. I do not remember her name but I do remember over-hearing her complain about how she had already almost ran out of money. It was time to pursue an employee.

After she had tackled about a fourth of the pile of laundry I needed done, she decided that it was not worth the dollar per load I was giving her. Curses. I needed a back-up plan. Over the next week, no matter how many times I hinted around to people that I needed laundry done, nobody seemed to care. It was not until I had finally made some friends that I formed a new plan to prolong my laziness.

One night my friends and I were all sitting around talking and one mentioned "Indi, I wish that you could just move in with me. I would do your cleaning and cooking and laundry for you all the time."

Bingo.

I took this statement as a sign from God that it was not in His plans for me to do any form of physical labor for the rest of my life. He had sent me a savior and I was not about to let her pass. It was at this time that I looked her dead in the eyes and said, "Why do we have to live together before you can do that?" She did not have an answer. This made my relationship with Savior a wonderful thing. The more she took care of me the closer we were. (how can you not be close to a guy when you fold his SpongeBob underwear?)

Let me take a minute to clarify something; Savior and I were not friends ONLY because she did my laundry for me. I realize my entire last paragraph sounded rather shallow, but it simply is not true. Savior will attest that we had many other great experiences throughout our time together. In fact, I have more posts to write about her that have absolutely nothing to do with her taking care of me. Even now I will post a picture of us and she is obviously a close friend of mine. So our laundry agreement was simply a happy byproduct.
See how happy we are?? Also let me take a moment
to point out her freakin' awesome yellow hoops.
As a great friend, Savior taught me very quickly that if you love someone you will aid in their attempts to remain lazy, however I feel in the long run that may come back to bite me as I still have never done a single load of laundry in my life. My lazy problem is definitely growing in addition to this. I am pretty sure that Savior even brought me food on occasion. 

I reiterate. I have a problem. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in fact possible! however, I will have to ask you in future comments to not list names of people, places, or events. thanks!

      Delete